Self care is misused now days, a lot of people think it’s only for the models, influencers or those who are on social media but the truth is it’s for everyone. Everyone has their own way to take care of themselves into daily lives, but there are a lot of areas that comes with self care. Did you know that there are 8 dimensions of self care, but I will only be discussing the 3 main area to just keep it simple and short.
“Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit“
Physical self care
One way to self care is physical health. But there is a lot of ways to physical care and 2 main ways are internal aka food and external aka exercises. If you don’t watch the way you eat and the way you take care of your body, it will affect you on the long run.
List of physical care
- Get moving (walking, hiking, swimming, etc..)
- Hydrate (water, smoothies, lots of veggies)
- Skin care (even better if it’s all DIY)
- At home spa day
- Eat full nutritious meals
Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live in -Jim Rohn
Intellectual self care
Most people are not aware of this area of self care. It’s engaging in creative mentally stimulating creativity. It’s also about being curious and always have a desire to learn. Think of it as an exercise for the brain, when we exercise our brain it helps to change the way we think and the way we perceive the world, it also helps with problem solving.
List of intellectual self care
- Write anything that comes to your mind.
- Read a book
- Put a puzzle together
- Riding a horse
- Learn a new language
- Clean your environment (the clearer the place the clearer the brain)
- Learn a new skill (Speed Reading, Photography, editing videos, etc..)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it’s the illusion of knowledge -Stephan Hawking
Emotional self care
When it comes to self care the most important aspect is to take care of your emotions and your thoughts. If you always feel a bit down or negative, it’s more likely is your self talk is bringing you down or your thoughts.
Always be aware of your thoughts, notice them and figure out why you feeling such a certain way (it always starts with a thought)
Just because you have a certain emotion you don’t have to act on it.
List of emotional care
- Journal (write down why you feel a certain way and what you need to do in order to feel better)
- Guided meditation
- Positive self talk
- Take a deep breath
- Learn to just listen
- Spend time in nature (it does wonders)
- Turn off the news
Care – an emotional word of a priority -Jo Kutty
Put yourself at the top of your TO DO LIST every single day, and the rest will fall into place.
- Physical self care + List of examples
- Intellectual self care + list of examples
- Emotional self care + list of examples